In collaboration with Northvale Korting we supply membrane non-return valves which combine simplicity with reliability. The design, which combines the mounting of a rubber diaphragm inside a stainless steel cone, consists of a minimum number of components, making this valve relatively maintenance free. The result is a light-weight non-return valve which can be mounted in every direction without needing any kind of (spring) return mechanism.
The Norval non-return check valve consist of a perforated stainless steel cone and a rubber diaphragm. The operation of this valve is simple and effective:
With flow in the forward direction the diaphragm deflects inwards (A) allowing easy passage of the liquid with little pressure loss. When a no flow, or back pressure, condition occurs the diaphragm returns to its relaxed position (B) sealing off all flow in the reverse direction.
A – Check valve open
B – Check valve closed
C – Check valve diaphragm
D – Check valve cone
- Water systems (sprinkler systems)
- Air systems
- It’s design is extremely simple.
- Few operating parts, thus little chance at wearing
- It operates in any direction, vertically up or down, or horizontal.
- Less noise due to slamming shut under reverse flow.
- Mounting process is simple: valve is clamped between flanges
- Lightweight for ease of use
- Range: DN40 up to DN600
- Temperature range: 0°C to + 180°C
- Pressure range: max. PN16
- Connections: wafer type, screwed, flanged
- Diafragm material: EPDM, Nitril, Viton, Silicum
- Cone Material: bronze, cast iron, stainless steel 3.16
- All valves are tested at 16 barg en 20°C