The Fluid Jet range is a group of products, most of which operate on the ejector principle. This means that they use no moving parts and generally utilise a pressurised motive fluid such as water, steam or compressed air to drive and / or mix media.
Method of operation
Venturi consist out of three parts: the Nozzle, Body and Diffuser. The driving fluid or motive (steam, pressurised liquid or air) passes through the nozzle of the ejector, converting the pressure energy into a jet. The result of this is that the fluid at the front of the jet is displaced, producing an area of low pressure at the exit of the nozzle. Replacement fluid sucked in via the branch inlet of the ejector, creating suction flow. The motive – steam, pressurised liquid or air – and the sucked in fluid are mixed as they move through the ejector’s diffuser. The velocity energy of this newly-mixed fluid converts to pressure energy so that the fluid is discharged from the ejector with a back-pressure that is stronger than the suction pressure. For applications please fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
- No moving parts or electric power used; therefore minimal maintenance
- Simple to install and locate in restricted or remote spaces and hazardous zones
- Self-priming therefore ideal for intermittent use
- Cast iron
- Cast steel
- Stainless steel
- Non-metallic linings
- Pumping or mixing, diluting of media (liquids, gasses, steam, powders, granulates)
- De-ballasting or emptying cargo of ships, tanks and silos
- Steam injecting
- Steam desuperheating
- Heating of liquids by circulation
- Creating vacuum aeration of liquids